Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Getting Back To Work

Vacation is over, and I regret to say that it's time to get cracking. The key word in the above sentence is "regret". Sigh. After taking two weeks off, I'm finding it difficult to get back into "work mode". Which may be why I'm blogging.

However, I did spend some time, on vacation, ogling the real "Jason," the man behind which my fictitious character lurks. Of course any resemblence between the character and anyone living or dead is strictly a product of the writer's over-active fantasy life. That said, I'm happy to report that Jason is still as hunky as ever, still wearing leathers where necessary, and shirtless when not. Jason sightings happened daily and I'm refueled with enough fantasy material to take me to the end of the story.

Speaking of the end of the story....the story has departed from the outline once again. Why these characters won't stay where I put them is beyond me. I wonder if that happens to other writers; they create characters that then take on a life of their own and do things that are unexpected? Is it just that I'm that good at creating characters or is it that I have an undiagnosed psychosis? Not funny.

Just checking in, dear readers, to let you know that I'm back in town and back at the keyboard. Ta for now.

No comments: